Famous people of the Victorian period. Part 3
The Victorian period refers to the reign of Queen Victoria 1837-1901.
An overlapping of this era was the industrial revolution and the most famous people active in that time were these people, you may have heard of.
1. Annie Besant, Women’s activist, political campaigner for working class, Theosophist and Indian nationalist
2. Alexander Bell, Scottish scientist credited with inventing the first working telephone
3. George Stephenson, Father of the railways, building the world’s first railways and changing the face of Victorian society
4. Michael Faraday, Scientist who helped electricity to be used in a practical form
5. Lord Alfred Tennyson, Popular Victorian poet
6. Giuseppe Garibaldi, National hero of Italy
7. Marie Curie, Scientist who won Nobel Prize in chemistry and physics
8. Giuseppe Mazzini, Italian political activist
9. Emily Murphy, Canadian female lawyer and first female magistrate in the British Empire
10. William Wordsworth, Romantic Poet