Famous people of the Victorian period. Part 2
The Victorian period refers to the reign of Queen Victoria 1837-1901.
An overlapping of this era was the industrial revolution and the most famous people active in that time were these people, you may have heard of.
1. Oscar Wilde, Wit, playwright, poet and author
2. Napoleon Bonaparte, French military and political leader
3. Ralph Waldo Emerson, a leading poet, Transcendentalist and influential philosopher
4. Emily Dickens, one of America’s greatest female poets
5. Margaret Fuller, a leading proponent of woman rights
6. Emily Pankhurst, British Suffragette who was willing to take direct action in protesting for women to gain the right to vote
7. Charles Darwin, inventor of first mechanical computers. Considered the ‘father of computers’
8. Elizabeth Fry, Quaker prison reformer
9. Robert Owen, Welsh social reformer who attempted to build utopian socialist and co-operative movement
10. Susan B. Anthony, political activist for women and human rights