Famous people of the Victorian period. Part 1
The Victorian period refers to the reign of Queen Victoria 1837-1901.
An overlapping of this era was the industrial revolution and the most famous people active in that time were these people, you may have heard of.
1. Queen Victoria – Queen of the United Kingdom
2. Florence Nightingale – Pioneering nurse
3. Benjamin Disraeli – British Prime Minister and close friend of Queen Victoria
4. Isambard Kingdom Brunel – English engineer
5. William Gladstone – Liberal Prime Minister
6. Charles Dickens – Writer and social critic
7. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – A Scottish physician known as the author of the Sherlock Holmes detective stories
8. David Livingstone – Explorer
9. Sir Titus Salt – Successful businessman in Saltaire, Bradford, West Yorkshire
10. Lewis Carroll – English Mathematician, writer and author of Alice in Wonderland