Famous people of the Victorian era. Part 4
The Victorian period refers to the reign of Queen Victoria 1837-1901.
An overlapping of this era was the industrial revolution and the most famous people active in that time were these people, you may have heard of.
1. Louis Pasteur, Scientist inventor of pasteurisation and vaccine against rabies
2. Gerard Manley Hopkins, Christian poet
3. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Scottish physician who was best known as the author of the Sherlock Holmes detective stories
4. Louise May Alcott, US writer. Best known for books Little Women, Little Men
5. Christina Rossetti, poet
6. Robert Browning, poet
7. Elizabeth Browning, poet
8. Millicent Fawcett, British Suffragist who campaigned (through non-violence) for women to have the vote and to improve women’s access to higher education
9. Emily Pankhurst, British suffragette who resorted to militant tactics in an effort to gain women the vote.
10. Lord Alfred Tennyson, Popular Victorian poet Laureate, wrote Charge of the Light Brigade, Ulysses, Although in Memoriam A.H.H.